Follow-Ups for the February 2016 Certificate Program, Orlando FL
If you attended the Training 2016 Conference P01 Certificate Program (held in Orlando February 12th – 14th 2016), these quick and easy follow-up activities will help you remember and apply what you learned. If you didn’t attend this training program, the activities will still help you improve your own instructional skills.
Here are 7 quick and easy follow-up activities – choose one each week to read and do:
1. Read the short blog post “What to Do When the Training Day is Over and the Real Work Begins.” Choose one of the suggestions in the post to try the next time you teach or train.
2. Read another short blog post “Holding Onto What You’ve Learned” and do one or more of the activities listed there.
3. Use at least one new instructional strategy every time you teach, train, or present. Get comfortable with the strategy, then add another one to it. Over time, these new strategies will become an integrated part of your own presentations, classes, and training.
4. Read an article that interests you on the SHARON’S ARTICLES page. Use an idea from the article in your next training.
5. Watch “Sticky Teaching” on the SLIDES FROM SLIDESHARE page.
6. Read “The 4Cs Map: A Brain-Based Instructional Design and Delivery Model.” Be sure to click on the red button there for the free giveaway: “A Quick Guide to the 4Cs Map.”
7. Watch one of the excellent videos about the human brain and learning on VIDEOS FROM YOUTUBE.
And if you attended the P01 Certificate Program but did not get your “Ask-It Basket” or “How Abouts?” answered, please email your questions to me (sbowp[email protected]) and I will get back to you as quickly as I can.
If you’re interested in attending “Training from the BACK of the Room!” or “The Trainer Certification Course” in Orlando (April 2016) or London (May 2016), please follow the links on the WHAT’S NEW? or TRAINING EVENTS pages for details and registration information.
PS. If you attended the P01 Certificate Program, or if you are an ATD member (formerly ASTD), use the code TC-2016 for a $100 registration discount for “Training from the BACK of the Room!” in Orlando in April 2016. Hope to see you there!