“The Adaptable Mind” by Tiffany Shlain
Gifted filmmaker Tiffany Shlain has done it again with “The Adaptable Mind,” an elegant, informative, and inspiring 11-minute video about five skills that make the human brain uniquely … well, human!
After viewing Tiffany’s engrossing video below, ask yourself the following questions:
1. How can I use one or more of these “adaptable mind” skills anytime I teach other human beings, regardless of their ages (kids or adults), levels of education, past experiences, or skill levels?
2. If I teach in formal learning environments such as face-to-face or virtual classrooms, webinars, or self-study courses, how can I design my content to include one or more of these five skills?
3. What are three ways I can share this information with colleagues and those I teach, train, or instruct?
4. Is there a specific problem I can solve using these five crucial skills? If yes, how can I take the first step?
5. How can I make a difference to the “adaptable minds” I meet everyday in my personal and professional lives?
Note: To view in full screen, click on the “play” arrow key in the middle of the video, then click on the bottom right icon when it appears on the screen.
I featured another of Tiffany’s excellent videos in my blog post titled “Brain Power: From Neurons to Networks” by Tiffany Shlain. Tiffany is an Emmy-nominated filmmaker and the founder of Let It Ripple, The company’s mission is to invite conversations and collaboration around complicated subjects that are shaping our lives.
If you’re interested in learning more about how to create brain-based classes and training, consider joining an enthusiastic group of global trainers and me for my practical and informative “Training from the BACK of the Room!” class, to be held in San Diego, California, on April 6th-7th 2017.
If you’re interested in becoming a Certified Trainer for “Training from the BACK of the Room,” and bringing this brain-based train-the-trainer program to your own company, clients, and customers, consider attending The Trainer Certification Course which will be held in San Diego, California, on April 8th 2017.
The 2-day TBR class is a pre-requisite for the Trainer Certification Course. Both will be held right before the 2017 Scrum Alliance Gathering in San Diego.
For more information about the “Trainer Certification Course” and “Training from the BACK of the Room,” click HERE or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope to see you in San Diego! 🙂