Warm-Ups for the Certificate Program January 27th – 29th 2017, San Diego
If you’ve attended one of my training programs, or if you’ve read previous blog posts about “Priming,” you already know that I send out “Warm-Ups” before every training class. Here are the “Warm-Ups” for the upcoming Training 2017 Conference & Expo Certificate Program in San Diego this month.
Brain scientists call it “priming” – getting your brain ready to learn. I call them “Warm-Ups” – short, quick, optional activities that will introduce you to some of the concepts covered in the 3-day Pre-Conference P01 Certificate Program at the Training 2017 Conference & Expo being held in San Diego, California, in January 2017.
Below is a list of 5 Warm-Ups – please do at least #1 and #2 before the January Certificate Program training dates. If you aren’t attending the P01 Certificate Program, you will still find the optional activities interesting and informative. And remember: You can always create Warm-Ups like these for your own classes and training programs.
1. Click on my MICRO-COURSES page and view the three short, image-rich slide presentations there titled “The Six Trumps,” “Different Trumps Same,” and “How to Map Your Instruction in 4 Simple Steps.” Each takes only about 5 minutes to view. Each will give you to major concepts from the upcoming P01 Certificate Program.
2. Watch “Move. Don’t. Sit. Still” by Swedish trainer Jimmy Janlen on the SLIDES FROM SLIDE SHARE page. This resource contains lots of ideas for inserting movement into a presentation or training.
3. On VIDEOS FROM YOUTUBE, watch the short “Brain Rules (Trailer)” by John Medina, the author of one of the best brain science books of the 21st century: “Brain Rules.”
4. Interview someone who, in your opinion, is an expert in training or teaching others. Find out what he or she considers important whenever face-to-face instruction is done. Be ready to summarize the interview for your table group if you are attending the P01 Certificate Program.
5. If you haven’t yet watched an RSAnimate production on YouTube, you are in for a treat. Click on VIDEOS FROM YOUTUBE and watch “Changing Education Paradigms” – a ten-minute “fast-draw ” presentation about the history of education and present day implications for all trainers, instructors, and learning facilitators.
And don’t forget to click on the buttons below to receive two great free give-aways with brain-based content from the P01 Certificate Program:
Here are the blog posts that accompany the two free give-aways above: “The 6 Trumps Card Set” to go with “The 6 Trumps Guide”
If you’re attending the Certificate Program, you’ll also receive a copy of my popular training book: “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick!” Hope to see you in San Diego! 🙂 Sharon